Friday, May 15, 2009

In the vein of wanting to keep America informed about America, here is an excerpt by John Piper concerning a statement that our President made about abortion.

Once again I am in awe at the ability of our President to communicate. He is winsome. He is charming. And for a moment I want to trust him and believe him.

After watching this I thought to myself, "What can I do to stop it though?" I am reading a book on pop culture and the author points out that culture is not developed by big men who decide to change the culture. It just happens. Thousands of choices that people make everyday creates the culture around us. My decision to have children, my decision to support crisis pregnancy centers, my decision to vote for politicians who are pro-life is helping to form the culture around us.

In one hundred years, they will look back and see what the culture was like and how it contributed to or destroyed society. They won't look at only one group, but it will be the collective decisions of us all that will decide the future. Granted: God is sovereign, but God uses human decisions to bring about His plans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O68MByaMVdM

No comments:

Post a Comment